Archive

Posts Tagged ‘svn’

The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may not be checked out. Checkout of ‘/svn/yourrepo/!svn/bln/123456′: 409 Conflict (https://svnserver.com)

February 21st, 2012 No comments

Are you getting “The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may not be checked out.  Checkout of ‘/svn/yourrepo/!svn/bln/123456′: 409 Conflict (https://svnserver.com)” when trying to commit to Subversion?  I’ve setup a Subversion write-through proxy to improve multi-site performance.  Unfortunately this seems to be one of the downsides.

The solution to the above is to update and try committing again.  It is possible you may need to wait until your write-through proxy has synced with the master before it will work.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags:

[SOLVED] svn user commits _svn folder !?!?!?

February 8th, 2012 No comments

Names and paths changed to protect the innocent :)

Here’s a quick one that wreaked a moment of havoc. A user had comitted _svn folders to the repository. The build server uses _svn instead of .svn by way of an environment variable SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK. This caused the continuous integration server to stop updating since it freaked out trying to pull down a _svn folder over a _svn folder.

This is what it looked like in the log:

PS J:\> svn log --verbose -r 1234 https://svnserver/svn/WidgetX/trunk
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r1234 | johnsmith | 2012-02-08 11:14:09 -0800 (Wed, 08 Feb 2012) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   A /trunk/src/newthing
   A /trunk/src/newthing/0.jpg
   A /trunk/src/newthing/1.jpg
   A /trunk/src/newthing/2.jpg
   A /trunk/src/newthing/9.jpg
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/prop-base
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/props
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/text-base
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/tmp
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/tmp/prop-base
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/tmp/props
   A /trunk/src/newthing/_svn/tmp/text-base
Just another commit
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To fix a user comitting _svn folders:

# My environment variable was set so checkouts use _svn instead of .svn (legacy reasons)
# Unset it so we get .svn folders as normal
$env:SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK=$null
# Checkout the branch so we get a working copy with .svn instead of _svn as usual
svn co https://svnserver/svn/WidgetX/trunk
# Round up the offending _svn folders and delete them!
get-childitem -recurse -force | where { $_.name -eq "_svn" } | foreach {  svn delete ""$_.fullname"" }
svn commit -m "Cleaning up _svn folders" trunk

I tried to reproduce this scenario using .svn folders, but svn smartly told me it was a reserved name. Adding _svn it didn’t complain at all (see bug). There might be some way to force a .svn folder in, in which case you can use this procedure except set the SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK variable to any value instead of unsetting it. Also change $_.name -eq “_svn” to $_.name -eq “.svn”.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,